Have a question about using the Nutrition and Hydration Week resources – are they free? Can companies using them? Please read our latest position statement or contact us at email@example.com
Royal College of Speech and Language Therapist – Swallowing Awareness Day
Are you intereted in raising awareness of how eating, drinking and swallowing difficulties (dysphagia) can affect people’s lives? Then, please join the Royal College of Speech and Language Therapists (RCSLT) on the 14 March 2018 for its Swallowing Awareness Day campaign.
The RCSLT has built a campaign toolkit to help you get involved, including posters, factsheets, and puzzles to enable you to get your message across. To access it, please visit: http://www.givingvoiceuk.org/swallowing-awareness-day
Downloads available to help your promote Nutrition and Hydration Week
We hope you will dare to dream with us for Nutrition and Hydration Week 2018
- Nutrition and Hydration Week Flyer
- Nutrition and Hydration Week logo
- Nutrition and Hydration Week 2018 Poster 1
- Nutrition and Hydration Week 2018 Poster 2
- Nutrition and Hydration Week 2018 Poster 3
- Nutrition and Hydration Week 2018 Poster 4
- Nutrition and Hydration Week 2018 Poster 5
- Nutrition and Hydration Week Planner
- Nutrition and Hydration Week Business Toolkit
- Theme of the Day
- Nutrition and Hydration Charter
- Hydrate for Health poster
- Hydration poster – Thousands have lived without love, but none without water
- Hydration Poster – A Helping Hand
- Hydration Poster – Every sip Counts
- Hydration Poster – Remember to Hydrate
- Hydration Poster – Water is always on tap!
- Break the fast poster
- Start the day off
- Why Breakfast is important
- Sunday Sundae
- Smoothie Saturday
- Smoothie Saturday-2
- Tetley Hydration Handbook
- Workplace Break Time Quiz
Our friends at Bel have shared some amazing recipes for Nutrition and Hydration Week 2018 – hope you enjoy
12 March – Big Breakfast
13 March – Tasty Supper
14 March – Global Tea Party
15 March – Thirsty Thursday
16 March – Fishy Friday
17 March – Smoothie Saturday
18 March – Simply Sunday
Take a look at the recipes that have been shared with us.
- Bacon Wrapped Chicken with Leeks and Peas
- Carrot chicken and barley soup
- Curried Leek and Sweet Potato Soup
- Pork Meatballs with Tomato Sauce
- Red Onion and Roast Cherry Tomato Soup with Pesto Croutons
- Turkey Fricassee with Tarragon Carrots
- Creating the ultimate smoothie
Colleagues from the Public Health team at Leeds City Council have shared a brilliant video, ‘Good Hydration’ with us.
The innovative video was produced by the Feeling Good Theatre Company as a way of promoting the hydration message.
We thought you might like a handy little leaflet for “Thirsty Thursday” – download it here
Tetley Hydration Help Sheet has been designed with care professionals and caterers in mind, offering insight and advice to help keep residents hydrated within the care environment.
This is also available for download via the Tetley Tea Academy website http://www.tetleyteaacademy.co.uk/tetley-champion-hydration-across-the-care-sector
Our friends at Tetley have developed a great go to guide to help care homes champion hydration download your copy here
Nutrition and Hydration Week resources people have shared with us
Below you will find a selection of resources that people have shared with us – hope you find them helpful.
Colleagues from Wessex and Kent, Surrey and Sussex Academic Health Science Networks have shared a great resource to help care home staff provide excellent nutrition and hydration to their residents. The resource provides a range of activities for residents, staff and visitors to enjoy which support relevant health messages and enhance residents well-being. Download your copy of the Nourish Resource Pack
Mouth Care Matters
Poor oral hygiene can really impact on people eating and drinking so we thought we would share the great resources from colleagues at Mouth Care Matters.