Have a question about using the Nutrition and Hydration Week resources – are they free? Can companies using them?
Please read our latest position statement or contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
“Fruity Friday” 15 September 2017
Are you ready for a “Fruity Friday”?
Here’s some lovely resources to help you promote your events
This poster gives 6 great tips for adding more fruit to your diet.
Find out how to replenish your fluid levels with top hydrating fruit.
This poster shares the potential benefits of blueberries in improving cognitive function.
This posters shares some research that suggests eating fruit at all ages is part of achieving a healthy lifestyle.
Hydration Focus Day 15 June 2017 “Thirsty Thursday”
We thought you might like a handy little leaflet for “Thirsty Thursday” – download it here
Check out the amazing Hydration Help Sheet shared by our friends at Tetley
Tetley Hydration Help Sheet has been designed with care professionals and caterers in mind, offering insight and advice to help keep residents hydrated within the care environment.
This is also available for download via the Tetley Tea Academy website http://www.tetleyteaacademy.co.uk/tetley-champion-hydration-across-the-care-sector
The Ice Cold Chef has shared some lovely recipes with us at Nutrition and Hydration Week.
Think Kidneys – Supporting Nutrition and Hydration Week 2017
Think Kidneys is the NHS campaign to improve the care of people with, or at risk of acute kidney injury (AKI) and once again we are pleased to be supporting Nutrition and Hydration Week.
Richard Fluck, Chair of Think Kidneys
“The work we have done with care homes this year is really important and has the potential to help reduce the number of people with, or at risk of AKI. Where the training has been introduced to staff in care homes they are already beginning to see the benefits with fewer falls, fewer UTIs, and ultimately, this will lead to fewer cases of AKI among their residents. Care homes have a massive role to play in reducing AKI and we were thrilled to see their enthusiasm to help develop the resources, as this became a priority for us”
We recognise that care homes are very involved every year in Nutrition and Hydration Week and we will be pleased to see everyone’s efforts to raise awareness. In support we will tweet and spread the word via social media. For information about Think Kidneys resources for Care Homes visit www.thinkkidneys.nhs.uk/aki/resources/carehomes
You can find out more about Think Kidneys here
Colleagues at The Wicked Cake Company are willing to sponsor the cake of the day for Nutrition and Hydration Week 2017 – you will send to contact your sector development manager at Bidvest (your catering manager or procurement team should be able to help). Please copy Michele Burrows in any emails – email@example.com
For Nutrition and Hydration Week 2017 colleagues at Nutricia have shared a useful factsheet that explains what a healthy diet is and some hints and tips for improving nutritional intake. You can access the factsheet here
Medtronic are offering support for Nutrition and Hydration Week to colleagues in one or two hospitals by providing free bottles of water for any (large) events happening. This support is available on a ‘first come first served basis’ to anyone in North, West and Central London (North of the River Thames), Herts, Essex, Suffolk, Cambridge, Bedford, Buckinghamshire and Norwich.
Please contact Helen Sier directly at firstname.lastname@example.org or on 07785 3000 11
Colleagues from the Public Health team at Leeds City Council have shared a brilliant video, ‘Good Hydration’ with us.
The innovative video was produced by the Feeling Good Theatre Company as a way of promoting the hydration message.
Mouth Care Matters
You can listen to the brilliant Mouth Care Matters WebEx held on the 17 March 2016 – definitely some learning for all of us https://healthsector.webex.com/healthsector/lsr.php?RCID=4716f31fab33d18719809f876ab762cb
Downloads available to help your promote Nutrition and Hydration Week
- Nutrition and Hydration Week Flyer
- Nutrition and Hydration Week logo
- NHW Poster 2017
- NHW Poster 2 2017
- NHW2017 – Plain Poster
- NHW 2017 Poster
- NHW 2017 Poster
- Nutrition and Hydration Week 2017 Activity Planner
- Nutrition and Hydration Week Business Toolkit
- Theme of the Day
- Nutrition and Hydration Charter
Nutrition and Hydration Week resources people have shared with us
Below you will find a selection of resources that people have shared with us – hope you find them helpful.
- Brakes have shared some lovely posters for 2017 which include some great recipe ideas with us so we thought we would share with you
- Monday – Oaty breakfast
- Tuesday – Supper-time snack
- Wednesday – Global Tea Party
- Thursday – Thirsty Thursday
- Friday – Fishy Friday
- Saturday – Smoothie Saturday
- Sunday – Simply Sundaes
- Great Ormond Street Nutrition and Hydration Week Poster 2016
- Great Ormond Street Nutrition and Hydration week trayliner 4
- Northumberland, Tyne and Wear Foundation Trust Dietetics Service Fortified Ice Cream
- Northumberland, Tyne and Wear Foundation Trust Dietetics Fluid Facts Sheet
- Cardiff and Vale UHB Afternoon Tea Tally Proforma
- St Peter’s NHW 2016 Afternoon Tea Poster
- Prosper Hydration Flyer
- South Stafford and Shropshire Healthcare – Patients First Poster 2015
- Hydration awareness quiz 2015
- Drink enough at home leaflet
- Health on tap bookmark
- How to eat well when you are older leaflet
- Video: Nutricia ITN NHS Alliance 2014: Nutricia’s approach to integrated care
- Recipe Iced lemon curd cake
- Recipe Home made cake
- Hertfordshire Community Meals Placemat
- Morecambe Bay NHS Foundation Trust Placement
Mouth Care Matters
Poor oral hygiene can really impact on people eating and drinking so we thought we would share the great resources from colleagues at Mouth Care Matters.
- All about Mouth Care Matters
- Mouth Care Matters Newsletter DEC2015
- Mouth Care Matters Sunflower Poster